Sun – your daily and weekly goal
The number in front of the sun in the top right corner tells you how many optimal exercise days you have had this week. Your day is considered optimal once you have exercised for the length of your daily goal!
You can adjust the amount of weekly exercise days and the length of your daily goal by tapping the sun icon and then selecting the small gear wheel icon.
Yellow fish – your level
The number in front of the yellow fish tells you how many study items you have learned permanently. Tap the fish to see which level you are on!
Big picture icon above the course list
This icon shows the language you are currently learning and the goal you have chosen. By tapping the symbol, you can change the language and the goal.
The moving submarine on the left side of the course list shows you which course you have most recently been working on.
Every course has its own course icon that reflects the content of the course in question.
If you see a small lock on top of the course icon, it means that the course doesn’t belong to the course package you have a subscription for.
The stars indicate your course specific progress.
The three levels of learning:
- The first star reflects how many new study items you have encountered in the course.
- The second star reflects how many study items you have learned to spell correctly.
- The third star reflects the number of study items that you have learned permanently.
At the start the stars are empty, but the more you exercise, the more they fill up. You will earn a yellow star for each completed learning level.
Please note that you cannot learn a study item permanently on the day you have encountered it for the first time. You can achieve permanent results by spelling the study item correctly over the course of several days.
Below the course list you can see the percentage figure which tells you your progress on the goal you have chosen.
You can go back to the course list by selecting the house icon in the top left corner.
The minute indicator shows you how long you need to study to achieve your daily goal.
You can follow your progress with the three levels of learning:
- The first bar shows you how many new study items you have encountered and how many there are in the course.
- The second bar shows how many of these study items you have learned to spell correctly.
- The third bar shows the study items that you have learned permanently.
Changing your goal
The goal feature is designed to make it easy for you to find the courses that best fit your personal goals. However, you can of course pick the courses that interest you the most and complete them first.
You can change the goal in two ways:
- Tap the large icon above the course list and select ‘Change your goal’.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the course list and select ‘Change your goal’.
Changing the language
You can change the language in two ways:
- Tap the large icon above the course list and select the desired language by choosing the corresponding flag icon. If you cannot see a particular flag icon, it means that you don’t have an active subscription for that language. You can buy a new language package by tapping ‘Add a language’.
- Tap the menu symbol (three lines) in the bottom left corner and select ‘Change the language’.
You can go to the settings by tapping the menu symbol (three lines) in the bottom left corner.
Application and course settings
You can use the WordDive app in four different languages: Finnish, English, German and Swedish. To change the language of the app, select ’Settings’.
In the app settings you can also decide if you’d like to use special sound effects and get daily notifications on your device.
In the course settings you can choose the translation language of the courses. Select the language from the drop-down menu. You can apply the settings to all of the courses of the language you are currently studying.
Please note that not all translation languages are necessarily available for the language and course you are completing. However, you can always choose Finnish, English, German and Swedish.
Remember to save all your changes!
Give us feedback
Customers’ opinions are very important to us, because we develop our service further based on customer feedback.
You can send us feedback by selecting ’Give feedback’.
Buying a new language package
If you want to start learning a new language, you can make a continuous subscription directly on your application.
Select ’Unlock all courses’, choose the language and tap ‘Subscription’. The app opens the application store on your device where you can complete the payment.
If you are using the app on your own device, you don’t need to log out after exercising. It’s enough to just close the app. If you want to log out of the application, choose ‘Settings’ and then ‘Log out’.